Time to Review the Prince P7000!
Looking for a review on the Prince P7000? I’ve been using mine for the past five years, and I’ve got a lot to say about it!
After using my Babolat Star 4 for 20 years, I decided five years ago that it was time to upgrade. I would have kept my “old faithful” Star 4 – it was a workhorse! But I felt there was one missing feature that I needed for stringing at professional tournaments.
In my search for a stringing machine upgrade, I was naturally looking for another Babolat machine. However, I was fortunate enough to take a test drive on the latest P7000 stringing machine at the Prince Innovation Center.
I was truly impressed from the get-go!
Now, after owning my P7000 for five years, the “honeymoon” period — starting with that initial test drive — continues.
Prince P7000: Pros & Cons
- 6-point mounting model recommended
- Easy to use manual height adjustment with a foldable/removable crank
- Ergonomic tool tray
- Drawer storage space
- Aluminum tapered awl holes
- Travel tool case with all the tools you need (parallel jaw pliers not included)
- Easy access to tension calibration
- Simple display screen of machine functions
- Automatic electronic mounting table brake
- Quiet tension head operation
- String clamps — gravity-activated or push-button release
- Cool-looking LED lighted stand
- No reference points on the mounting table plate to help adjust the mounting towers
- Pre-stretch function only goes up to 10%. It would be nice if it could go up to 20%.
Racquet Stringing Stories & Tips Library
- Prince P7000 Stringing Machine Review
- Racquet Customization – Are You a 1-Sided or 2-Sided Player?
- Racquet Customization – Custom Overgrip Wrap
- Racquet Customization – Custom Overgrip Wrap (Sequel)
- Racquet Customization – Grip Sizer
- Racquet Story – God’s Tennis Racquet
- Racquet Stringing – Installing Crosses Faster & Reduce Friction
- Racquet Stringing – Lockout Machine Consistent Tensioning
- Racquet Stringing – Measure the Exact Amount of String
- Racquet Stringing – Seating Grommets
- Racquet Stringing – Tubing Tips & Techniques
- Racquet Stringing – Upgrading Your Tension Calibrator