Welcome to the Royal Kona Resort Tennis Club Junior Development Program
Tennis is my passion and I’ve been teaching tennis lessons since 1985. I’ve developed a “fun-learning combination” program in an environment where students can develop their individual tennis skills in a positive manner while sharing the learning experience with others.
I’m sensitive to individual needs and strive to contribute to your child’s growth as a tennis player and as a person. I encourage you to provide emotional support for your child, and I welcome your insights regarding your child’s personality traits and emotional maturity. Any information you can provide will facilitate your child’s success in the program.
- USPTA Teaching Professional
- USTA Net Generation Provider
- USTA Hawaii Pacific Junior Team Tennis League Coordinator
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AWARDS
- USPTA Hawaii Division Pro of the Year – 1990 & 2016
- USPTA 30 Years of Service – 2016
- USPTA Community Service – 1999, 2018
- USPTA Special Recognition – 2007
- USPTA Special Service – 2008
- USTA Outstanding Service to Hawaii’s Youth – 1999
- USTA Section Organizer of the Year – 2006
- USTA JTT 20 Years of Service – 2019
- HPTA Service – 1989
- USTA JTT National Championships – Best Team Spirit 2009, 2012, 2017
- Lessons of all levels of play from ages 5 to 15.
- Carnival Day for all groups on the last lesson of each series.
- Competitive league play for Orange, Green, Red Stars, and White Stars groups.
Maximum Student-Pro Ratio: 6 to 1 (1-hour groups) & 8 to 1 (1½-2 hour groups)
|5-7||Little or no previous instruction. Developing racquet handling and footwork skills on a 36’ x 18’ court, using the “Red” low compression ball.|
|6-8||Some previous instruction. Ready to start rallying and able to hit serves successfully. Eligible to compete on a 36’ x 18’ court, using the “Red” low compression ball.|
|8-10||Little or no previous instruction. Developing strength and racquet handling skills and ready to hit on a 60’ x 27’ court, using the “Orange” low compression ball.|
|8-11||Some previous instruction. Ready to start rallying and able to hit serves with a complete serving motion. Eligible to compete on a 60’ x 27’ court, using the “Orange” low compression ball.|
|9-11||Completed at least three seasons in the Orange level. Developing strength and improved tracking skills. Eligible to compete on a regulation court using the “Green” low compression ball.|
|10-12||Completed at least two seasons in the Green level. Eligible to compete in Junior Team Tennis 2.5 level using the “Green” low compression ball.|
|10-14||Completed at least two seasons in the Red Stars level. Active in Junior Tournaments and eligible to compete in Junior Team Tennis 3.0 level.|